Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Back To Normal (Unfortunately)

G and I are all alone again. (Kinda rhymes with "On The Road Again", or at least that's what went through my mind). Laundry is being dealt with. When G runs out of boxers, it's time to do the wash.

Last night we went to a fund raiser for the Harry Chapin Food Bank. Compared to last year's event of the same name and cause, it was dismal. It was windy, a bit chilly, and so dark you couldn't barely make out one another (oh, it was outside). For some reason, it wasn't well lit, but that may have been due to the wind. Anyway, we all ate too much, too fast, and by the time an hour passed we were all feeling a bit queasy. After a set or so from the Steve Chapin Band we headed for home. Oh, did I mention that they had no diet pop or chardonnay? Need I say more?

When I went shopping last week, I saw these backpack, carry on little wheelie things that I could not keep my hands off of. They were as soft as can be and I had to have them. Now, when we travel, I take the pink one and G takes the purple. Okay, maybe that isn't true. I got three of the pink and the lone purple, because that is all the store had. Then I had to decide how to split them up. I have three nieces in one family and one in the other. Two of the three are twins and as much as I don't like to give them identical things, there was no way I could see of splitting them any other way. Other wise the older girl and one of the twins would have the same. Do you really care about this? I am guessing that you don't - so I will stop.
This is now mine. It is a tote/purse. It is purse sized and fills all the requirements to find a home in my closet.
This triptych painting, and a bracelet, were all I purchased on my recent trip to, you guessed it, KW. It took me all this time to decide where to hang it and to get around to collecting the level, nails and drill. The artist's name was Anderson, I believe, and the work is titled 'Tattoo'. It is acrylic on clay board and each third measures 18" wide and 36" high. I love, love, love it. It has
found a place in my master bedroom. Now, the prints that this replaced will go into the bath that still remains unadorned and is next to Gordon's man cave. Yeah, he's got one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody made that purse on a home sewing machine....tsk tsk.

Enjoy your down time, don't know how you can go like the clappers all the time.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Is the purse big enough for a bottle of Chardonnay and some diet pop?
K