Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finishing Up

I forgot to show you this adorable little felt bag that Carol brought for me. It's a piece of art to

me and I am torn between using it and hanging it on the wall or on display somewhere. I am vacillating about it.


I am finishing up some work that I have started or almost completed in the last couple years so that I can justify going back into the wet studio and put to use some stuff that Carol reminded me of. Right now, that's where my heart is.


First off, and finished is this little piece called 'Gridlock' and it measures 15 1/2" x 16 1/2".

It is composed of all my hand dyes. Here is a closeup of the quilting. I chose a grid for the
design of the quilting after I had named it. The next one up is called 'Poke' and is a little bigger, measuring

27 1/2" x 25 1/4". It too is made with all hand dyed.

Here's a closeup of the quilting. I am going to try and finish up few more today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your 2 pieces are amazing! Who are these people who do this type of precision sewing??? I would get bored and jittery half-way through. Your machine probably does the pulling through of the threads and snipping right?

Anonymous said...

LOVE the little felted bag. The circles are so YOU! I say USE IT and ENJOY IT!

pjn

bonnie said...

The quilts are fabulous. Makes me feel like using up some of my own hand dyed fabric! Thanks for the motivation.

Anonymous said...

Do tell us where we can buy the little felted bag.
mn

Renee said...

First, I love the felt bag... boy it is soooo cute!

I must say the quilting on your 2 pieces is amazing... so sure and steady on the straight lines and the curves. I am jealous!

Candied Fabrics said...

OOH! LOVE the deep orange that is the the "border" just inside the outer edge of "gridlock"...is that the same orange of the background of "poke"? Delicious!!!!

dee said...

Both pieces are wonderful but I think Poke is a real winner. The quilting only enhances the fabulous texture of those hand dyes. Gorgeous.