Saturday, February 14, 2009

Little Me

Happy Valentines Day !!!


When I woke up this morning and realized what day it was (like two hours ago; I am dilly dallying this morning) I googled images and my key word was valentine. This was the first image that came up and I thought it was hilarious. I'm a thinking that this guy's babe is looking for something that either glitters or is chocolate and that this valentine just ain't gonna cut it.

I was watching the Dog Whisperer last night when a very creepy fact came on the screen. It was that there are 70,000 puppies and kittens born in the US every day, while only 10,000 people are born each day. Does that mean that unless each of us have 7 dogs or cats at any given time that they will die from neglect, hunger or are euthanized? Dogs and cats need much more birth control than they have now. Doggie Diaphragm has a nice ring to it.


Due to the fact that I want to start dyeing fabric, I decided to quickly finish up all that I have started in the futile attempt to get caught up. I have made some strides and will continue today but I am thinking that I will need a week to dye and I have at least a day of catch up left and my quilting buddies are coming on Tuesday for a week or so and therefore I think that all this rush- rush is pretty much in vain. Now I will have to simmer down as I tell Bella; or rather, SETTLE.

One of the things I have started and completed is this new piece for the 2009 SAQA Auction that went in the mail yesterday. It

is named 'Family Pictures' and measures an uneven 12" square, and being 12" square is pretty much the only parameter, other than being a 'quilt' that the show requires. I had just finished my last piece, 'Say Cheese' and I guess I didn't have the people making skills out of my system yet. This tiny piece was both fun to do and challenging to piece it all with such tiny seams.
This piece is done with all my hand dyed whereas the big piece had commercial fabric in it as well. In fact, the big quilt was mostly commercial. Funny, I just realized that. I don't do much with commercial fabric in art quilts anymore. I usually add a touch but that's about it. Interesting.
It was hard for me to send this little quilt away; I got very attached to it. But then, I do have more fabric, don't I!!!!!

2 comments:

Corky said...

This is a cool little quilt - I liked the larger version as well.

Anonymous said...

Terry I've been a lurker on your blog for awhile(that sounds so creepy) anyway LOVE your little people quilt.(I'm going to try and bid on it) Anyway do you care if I make a similar quilt just for me not to sell. Liz Hinze