Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Bowl - Yeah!!!!

I gotta get this in the blog before it is dated. I took this picture with my purse camera a couple weeks ago when I entered my local big grocery store and saw this Super Bowl display. I was awestruck at the detail that this sand sculpture had and IN A GROCERY STORE!!!


I asked the store manager and he said that no, it was not made with any template or molds; it was made by two people that came into the store and with a big pile of sand and some snap shots

and made this beauty. I saw it again today and it still looks just as good.


It has this sign on one end - sand and water only- fragile, and another sign on the other side - do not touch. It appears that no one has. That goes to show you that it's in Florida with all us old folks. If there were tons of kids around, someone would have stuck their finger in it. They wouldn't be able to help themselves. May the best team win. Who's playing anyway?

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I'm fast forwarding through the game and watching the commercials.
K