Sunday, March 29, 2009

Another View

When G was working out (our little gym is next to the studio) he had this frantic sound to his voice when he said, Toe, come quick (He calls me Toe). That usually means that Bella is doing something hysterical. I rush over to find him staring at the pavers on the back patio.
Two gecko's were going at it. These are very tiny creatures. I took several pics from far away so as to not scare them but in the end, they pretty much didn't care who was around because I could get this close and they still didn't separate. Now, upon further inspection (scientific reasons of course) I notice that their two tails are entwined to make a heart. Am I reading too much into this? I'm a thinkin'. yeah.

We are having a rare occurrence going on right now. It is raining and sun-less in the morning. Frankly, I am kinda liking it. It puts off any debate as to when to go out for cardio or just get on the elliptical and I don't have to put on sun screen first thing. It's 74ยบ and raining straight down.

Another great friend, Jayne and her hubby Rich are spending the winter in Arizona and went over to see the Chihuly exhibit that I featured a bit back on this very blog, thanks to Regina, but this time the glass work is viewed at night and shows the beauty of it with lights!!
Jayne pointed out to me that his talent is not just in his artistry but the fact that he manages
to transport and assemble all this very fragile glass work. The bubble wrap alone must make
all you 'greenies' shirk. But I am sure that all the packing materials can be and are reused many,
many times. This boat of balls looks like candy to me. Maybe I am hungry?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for posting these glass displays again in this light. I've been dreaming about them ever since you posted them the first time. That boat would look perfect before my trailer, and that tree, just too wonderful for words.

Cindra said...

I love visiting our permanent display of his work at our Children's Museum. It is very impressive... three stories tall.

At first when I looked at that photo of the lizards I thought it was a family portrait. I thought I saw a little baby on top, but on examining closer I saw it was his leg. Hmmmmm, more information than I really wanted to see....LOL

aimee said...

The Chihuli exhibit is amazing! I live in Tucson so it is a 2 hour drive to the exhibit. It was worth it. The pictures don't share the beauty and incredibly large scale of the glass. I plan to go back again.