Sunday, March 22, 2009

Goin' To The Bradley's

We spent the weekend at Regina and Bruces and I couldn't get my Mac to work at their house. I have lots to share but first I thought I would show you what I took to munch on. First off is this cracy breakfast cake (although we ate it all day and night) that consists of frozen dinner rolls

that you put in a bundt pan (16 to 18 rolls). I don't have a bundt pan here so I used a large spring form pan and used a little less of the rolls due to the shorter pan. You top these frozen orbs with a box of non instant butterscotch pudding mix sprinkled evenly over the top along with a 1/2 c. of chopped pecans, light brown sugar and melted butter. Prepare this before you go to bed and cover with a damp towel. In the morning bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated 350ยบ.
If you happen to leave the unopened frozen dinner rolls on the counter overnight like I did, they may bust through their packaging just like this.
Turn the pan upside down on a serving platter. It's best and more fun if you just pull the breakfast cake apart with your fingers. They end up finger lickin good that way.


I also gathered up some stuff out of the pantry and made a variation of my SIL Claudia's world famous salsa. I chopped up some garlic, onion, shallot, green pepper and to that small dice I added shoepeg corn, black eyed peas, black beans, ro-tel diced tomatoes with chilies and some plain diced tomato for good measure.
It's a dandy treat to scoop up with a chip or cracker. A spoon works pretty well too. Tomorrow I will get back to you.

1 comment:

Corky said...

How do you stay so slim??? I gain weight just reading about the goodies you're always making!