Thursday, October 29, 2009

Greening Up

Okay, so I am a liar, liar, pants on fire. I went to get my hair cut with the plan to see what my hair looked like under my 'natural blond'. I mentioned this to Tammy and she said that I should keep the color I have now, due to my ruddy complexion. She said something like I would completely turn grey, not only my hair. That painted a rather gruff picture and so I took a pass. I got my hair cut but just like I always do only maybe a little shorter. I may try anyway but just not right now.

In front of the Brown Exhibition Hall in Houston, stands a garden. There is currently a display of globes that are decorated to reflect various aspects of 'Greening Up'. They represent all different ways that we can do our part to make our lives more sustainable and green.
Turning trash into art.
Wind power.
Turning trash into art and green architecture.
Wind power.
Eating green.
Plant based diet.
Urban greening.
Trash into art.
Wind Power (again).
Greening your home.

Residential recycling.
These were done by various local artists and sponsored by local establishments.

2 comments:

dumbfounded said...

I am glad to see pictures again. Great blog, I enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog...
What size are those globes?
Re: hair style/color When I begin to feel that way it is usaully because it has been too long between appointments!
Linda H.