Monday, April 27, 2009

Arriving Safe And Sound

I arrived safe and sound in Columbus, Ohio. I set my GPS for the address of the Apple Store and found it without a hitch. The staff was very helpful but they did not have a docking station. Great. They sent me to Best Buy. I went to check into my motel but it wasn't cleaned yet and there just so happened to be a Best Buy across the parking lot. The Geek Squad said, no, they didn't carry them but I can surely find it at the Apple Store. I give up. I will wait until I get home this weekend and order it on line.

This swine flu is scary. Five states have it so far and one happens to be the one I am in. No more shaking hands for me!!!

I checked into my hotel and unpacked, checked out the clicker for the tv (has to be in good working order) and plugged in all my chargers. I had a couple hours to kill so I took a shower and plopped up on the many pillowed, plumped bed and watched most of Grey Garden on HBO and was fascinated. I didn't know this story existed. I am definitely going to look up the original documentary. Now, at least I understand a tiny bit why Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange were practically in a lip lock at the Emmys (or the Oscars - I can't recall). I thought it very odd at the time that they were 'dating' on camera, especially when I already know that Drew has dated or married half of the men in Hollywood and Jessica has Sam Shepard at home - and I would never leave home without him!!!

I set up my space at the Barn (will photograph it when I arrive today before it is totally trashed) and met some new friends and chatted up with some old ones. We all then got together for a welcome dinner (Mexican in ethnicity), and did the meet and greet - name, what, when, who, etc. but Nancy Crow threw in a new fact that she wanted us to share. A bizarre thing that has happened to us. My mind was racing to come up with one when it got to me but I found that I couldn't concentrate on what the others were saying because I was so worried about my own story. So I stopped my brain and listened. Yep, your little girl is growing up. My bizarre wasn't so much, but after the fact of the get together, I thought of a million things I could have shared with the group. Who cares, I just told them the first thing that came to my mind and that was that I didn't have on any underwear.

5 comments:

Rosemarie said...

Tommy, if you have NetFlix, check out their documentary on Grey Gardens...they have 2 different ones and they are both so interesting...all the girls I know that have seen it, have fallen in love with the ladies, me included...very interesting characters...

QuiltingFitzy said...

About 2 exits before your Mason exit, you passed a mall with an Apple Store, wouldn'tchaknow! Have a wonderful class.

Cindra said...

Darn, I only knew of one documentary and it was awesome... I will have to look for the second one. They really were a pair. Wish I had HBO, I would love to see that pair as the ladies.
Can't wait for photos.

Rosemarie said...

In case anyone is interested, the second documentary on "Grey Gardens" is called "The Beales of Grey Gardens"...it's a continuation of the first one...

Cosmos said...

FWIW, I was bored to tears by Grey Gardens.