Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mello Yello

As surprising as this may sound, I still manage to get quite a bit of stuff done while the young people are visiting. I don't even expect them to surface for a good couple more hours this morning and so finished up the fabric I dyed yesterday. I was taking the advice of some of you blog readers and did
a batch of Pro Chem color Golden to beef up my yellow stash. To me, this is exactly what the name implies - golden.
Here's a piece of what I consider yellow up against the new golden. Then I took a 50/50 mix of Pro Chem colors Sun and Tangerine.
This is what I got. If I had to name it, Tangerine would probably truly fit the bill but then again
I WANT YELLOW !!!! Oh, by the way, the second to the last picture here was a test. The first piece of 50/50 was processed with table salt (which contains anti clumping stuff) and the piece right next to it was done with pickling (pure) salt. I see no difference which is a good thing. Table salt is much easier to find, at least where I am.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Tommy - where and how does the salt figure into the process? I never use it at all. Here are the latest.

http://morewgalo.blogspot.com/2009/03/oh-baby.html

Anonymous said...

I use dishwasher salt, it is the only uniodized salt I was able to find.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed you are still dyeing with company and getting ready to leave for The Barn and home..

My washer broke so I am stuck with what I have already packed up for Nancy Crow.

Now I want more and better yellows!

Pam
sunny SW Fl