Friday, April 17, 2009

Getting A MakeOver

I have had this red ultra suede chair sitting around, not fitting in for quite some time.


I actually brought the chair from Chicago when we downsized and it kinda sits in a window niche and was okay until I changed the family room furniture. Then it was just a chair
that didn't belong. Green and orange and red? Not in my color wheel. I have thought and thought about having it recovered and now, when I head north in a little over a week I remember that I wanted to do that. I went on Thursday and picked out the fabric; they picked up the chair
on Monday and I already have it back! If that ain't service, I don't know what is !!!!! Now my chair looks like it belongs, instead of being a distraction. I am very pleased with it.
My new BFF Karen has decided she wants to take up sewing again. She is a very quick study and I sat her down in the studio at the Janome to try her hand at hemming a napkin. I always think that mastering the sewing machine is half the battle of sewing. Don't you agree? The bobbin scares everyone who has had a little sewing experience but with the newer machines, that can be conquered easier than in the old days. She took to it very quickly and has now decided that she wants to get into making table linens. Who knew?

1 comment:

maggie z. said...

wow, the chair turned out great- and fast!! now get karen crackin' on a new set of napkins for your next dinner party!!!