Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Line Is A Line Is A Line

These are some of the eighteen compositions that we did on day one. They were done up in
black and white and had various criteria in the structure of the compositions.
This is my particular favorite. These all range in size from 10" square to 20" square (or rectangle).
This is my second place favorite . I need to photograph this with a dark piece of fabric behind it so the white of the piece shows through.
The actual description of this is one line that doesn't touch any edges.
These are also not to touch any side.
This one and the next one are made up with broken lines.
They had other restrictions/parameters.
One is a lonely number, especially if you are one line on a white background.
These next two are very similar but I still love the grace of each of the lines.
Who knew that a line or two could have so much expression? More later.

1 comment:

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

Looks like you are having fun. The lines have so much grace and life to them. Brings back my class with Nancy Crow many years ago. She changed the way I look at things ever since.