Saturday, April 04, 2009

What's Up Doc?

We have new neighbors next door that have just shown up. They are very young for the area and have several (at least three) children under the age of seven. I would guess that this lovely couple from England is under forty. G and I took over some fruit breads to welcome them into the neighborhood last week and now they have invited us over for cocktails tonight. I said we would come but we have a guest, and may be bring her along?
As you can see, Maggie is back visiting us. It took me a few months to talk her into coming but now we have her and we won't give her up. Bella couldn't wait to see her.

Back to the neighbors- I thought I would bring something for the children and I had just seen Giada made Strawberry and Mascarpone Filled Cupcakes for some kids so I thought what the


heck. You take French Vanilla cupcakes (I used a box cake) and when they are cooled you pipe in a heap of strawberry/mascarpone/sugar/lemon mix. Today I will frost these before I take them next door.

Maggie brought our dinner with her which consisted of marinated turkey breasts and then found out that G is a practicing Catholic and doesn't eat meat on Fridays. Not to worry, she then
whipped up a most beautiful salad of spinach, fresh mozzarella , tomatoes, blue cheese, walnuts and a toasted sesame dressing. She is spoiling my guy.

We have unexpected friends visiting locally and so after cocktails next door we will head home and have a lovely dinner for five. I will need to be prepared well in advance or we will be eating at midnight !!

We are off to a 'Dog Show' which is supposed to be very cute. I'll let you be the judge of that.

No comments: