Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Birthday Goodies

Oh, as for the birthday bash, there was none. We are very low keyed about birthdays, now that we are old. Gordon and I have long ago quit exchanging gifts of any kind. We like that; eliminate the pressure. We don't even do the cake, by choice. When the kids were little we did the whole nine yards, of course, but once they were out of the house, we did away with the fanfare. That's not to say that I don't get a kick out of a gift, now and then.
When I first saw these coaster/trivets I thought they were like those plates that hold a wine glass stem. But I was wrong.
This is a pic of the underside that has that non skid thick foam on it. They are perfect to stop the wet ring on the wood table or put together
they form the most delightful trivet. How clever is this?
Check out all these hand made cards from my sister Mike. I absolutely love them. She is better at it than Hallmark!!!!

I got a great book along with the cutest set of s&p shakers (with dots on them, of course).

Too good to eat? You bet ! This is a clay piece made by a local high schooler that was put up for auction and I was the happy recipient of it. Yeah for birthdays !!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've had that book on my "to read" list for awhile. Let us know if it's any good!!!

Cindra said...

Happy Birthday, Tommy! Looks like you had a great one! Love the coasters!!! Stretch and I don't do gifts either... we figure we pretty much cover our own needs through the year.

dee said...

Sweet little salt shakers. The book looks interesting and what a precious piece of clay art. Nice stuff Tommy!