Monday, May 18, 2009

A Dog's Life

I went to a semi local dog park with my pal Micky. She has this beautiful soft coat Wheaten terrier named Maggie.
Maggie is about eight years old and has never been able to go for a walk. Every time she sees another dog, she goes ballistic. This has always been trying for her parents. She has been to many dog whisperers and trainers to no avail. Walking Maggie was always a chore. Not so at dog park. It's apparently the leash that she finds fault with. The minute Maggie gets released in the fenced park, she turns into another dog. Check out her jumping over hurdles. This was after coaxing her, maybe thirty times, but hell, she did it.

This is what the hurdle looks like. I think at the taking of this picture, Maggie found something to do that was a little more exciting than the possibility of a minuscule treat.
There is an agility course at this dog park. I thought that Bella may be interested but I was too lazy
to get her interested. Maybe another day.
I liked this tunnel one the best.

All the time, Bella was attracting new friends. The other dogs seem to gravitate towards
Miss B. They all want a little kiss. I don't blame 'em.

1 comment:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Just like people gravitate towards Miss B!
K