Saturday, May 30, 2009

YUM

My goddaughter, Katie, will turn 21 in August and I promised to take her to Las Vegas. Now comes the time when we have to decide who goes with and when. If, for no other reason than laziness, I hate to make plans like this. I get quite befuddled with every one's schedules. As I often say, I am a bit like Diane Keaton in Baby Boom; when I turn on the faucet I just want the water to come out; I don't need to know where it comes from.  

Oh, and I am a bit frustrated with my new long arm.  It looked easy and I felt like I understood all the instruction and then the teacher went home and here I am, with no clue as to how to finish up the sad snowball quilt on my table.  I think I need another emergency visit from my instructor Sue.   Unfortunately, she lives several hours away.  I had better do some more homework.

I decided to make a dessert for the kids to nosh on this weekend.  It ended up being a Macadamia Fudge Torte.

It's made in a spring form pan and actually has three different layers but it doesn't seem 
to obvious when you look at it sideways.  It is very rich and it is served with a hot caramel
cream on top of it.  It was actually quite yum.  

4 comments:

Corky said...

I want to be one of your kids so I can have some of that yummy looking dessert!

Renee said...

Send a piece my way. Oh and I feel your pain. I have sat at an 830 in many different stores and loved to play. Now I have one sitting in my home for a week and I am still figuring out how to use even the basic functions. It will be months before I even think about opening the embroidery unit. ... oh well... enjoy your Long Arm!

Julie Bagamary said...

YUM indeed!

judy said...

This looks like a yummy chocolate brownie,care to share your recipe?or else, we will all show up at your dessert table.lol