Thursday, June 25, 2009

12 Tunes

This is my latest work. I have been slowly sewing it, a few minutes at a sitting, instead of my
normal banging it out.  Each of the rectangles are 12" x 10".  I put them in all sorts of arrangements, even turning some on the side but I had to go back to the positions that gave me comfort.  And I tried to put solids together to 'change it up' but there was a static feeling that I couldn't shake.  I named the piece before I even started it, for some reason.  It's to be called  '12 Tunes'.  It's gonna be awhile until I get the stamina to quilt it
but it's pinned and ready.  I have even auditioned the threads and chosen what I will use.  It's the little things.

10 comments:

Corky said...

Great quilt Tommy.

Cindy said...

I love it!!!

vivian said...

Love the colors!

dee said...

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! The colors are really super.
Hope you're better soon! Take it slow.

Anonymous said...

Great color combinations and graphically pleasing to the eye. Nice job!

Patsy Thompson said...

love this quilt and I can't wait to see how you're going to quilt it!

anne said...

I love seeing what was a small study at the barn and then what you did with it! Great!

pam in sw Florida said...

what if you turned one or two?

Susan Turney said...

I LOVE everything about this quilt! It really stopped me in my tracks!!!!

Cindra said...

Tommy's Twelve Tunes... has a nice ring to it!... Love the quilt. Hope your back heals soon.