Saturday, June 06, 2009

What's Going On

The doctor visit didn't go as well as I had hoped.
I am bundled up with lots of gauze and tape.  I was even placed under restrictions as to what
I could do physically.  That proved to be a real bummer because I had already set up a group
exercise hour.  This is the place where I work out.  I brought my big camera because I thought I could take some pictures of the working out of my friends in various embarrassing positions but they boo hoo-ed it so I just took this one.  I was technically their personal trainer.  We all had a good time anyway, even with all my whining.

Claudia and I have gone shopping went out to dinner and watched two movies.  The first, 'Mamma Mia' stands out as one of the most ridiculous movies of the century.  Pierce Bronson singing once is bad enough but four solo's?  What were they thinking?  I was sewing while I watched and didn't have to look up very much.  The very end, where all the lead actors were in rock star gear was funny and cute.  But, in my estimation, it wasn't cute enough to save the rest of the show.  Next we watched 'The Mirror Has Two Faces' and again, I had to contain myself from just totally bashing every word that was uttered.  This may be why I should only watch movies by myself.    
Right now, we are picking up a couple friends and heading to a Farmer's Market.  Then later today we are going to a Chicago White Sox game.  This will be the first time I have been to a game in a good ten years.  I'm a little excited.

7 comments:

Melody said...

I have to agree with you on Mama Mia. I was so hoping to love it and was embarrassed by it instead.
Poor Tommy's leg.

Anonymous said...

There, I just blew on those cuts of yours. Hope it heals completely and good.

Enjoy your day/weekend.

Cindra said...

I did love the scenery and all the color in the movie. I found myself anxious while Pierce sang... wanting to say please don't hurt yourself or save yourself and stop now. I do love Colin Firth and wish there had been more of him and more of some of the beautiful textiles in the background.

I you heal okay and cover them well at the game today.

dee said...

You poor Dear thing! Sending hugs from the east. Thanks for the heads up about the movies. I haven't seen Mama Mia and I really disliked the other one.
Enjoy the game. It's fun to go to the games although it's, once again, all about the food for me-but you knew that....

sistersoftheart said...

Mama Mia was saved at a "Girlz Movie Nite" with lots of chocolate martinis! None of us could stand up straight by the end of the movie... good thing everyone could walk/crawl home!!

Ouch on the booboo places... a chocolate martini might make them feel a bit better.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Well, you may not be able to excercise but it sounds like you still can do lots of fun things.
Hope you heal fast.

maggie z. said...

bummer indeed... hope you heal fast..