Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In The News

When I say I don't watch the news or read the paper, I am not kidding. There were (are) three escaped convicts (two in for murder and one for rape) in close proximity to my house and I had no clue until they had been out and about almost a whole day. The biggest town close to me has a prison and except for having Mike Tyson in it a few years ago, it is a pretty quiet prison. Sunday by the lake is a pretty good place to just blend in, with all the vacationers and sun worshipers out and for a change, it was lovely weather. When I went to trivia last night (second place again !!!!) I found out all the scoop. One guy has been captured (very close to Mayor Daley's summer house) but so far that's all I know. Thank you for your concern. I have locked doors and pepper spray. Oh, and I have my guard dog.

New words are showing up in the dictionaries. (Nice segue huh?) About a hundred new words have been added to the latest edition of the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.

Here are some that I like .
locavore - one who eats foods grown locally
frenemy - someone who acts like a friend but is really an enemy
vlog- a blog that contains video material

Check out all the new words at this website

http://www.merriam-webster.com/info/new_words.htm

1 comment:

dee said...

So sorry to hear about Aunt Helen. That sure was a good long life though.
I heard someone on a show use frenemy the other night.
"36 tunes" is looking great. Love the trombone idea for your next piece.

Our company finally went home and now I'm doing sheets and towels and rearranging life around here. Stay safe! That ferocious guard dog will protect you...he