Friday, July 17, 2009

Weed?

There is still quite a buzz around here in regards to the 'still at large' convicts. We have FBI, swat and helicopter traffic all over the place. Doors are all locked. I haven't had anything unlocked until yesterday and that was only because I had two painters outside painting the railing and guarding the back of the house. They weren't really guarding but they were sure talking about the 6 grand offered for information leading to the apprehension of the bad guys.

Yesterday at about 2:30 p.m. a bus stopped in front of my house and out piled 45 adults from some Chicago suburbs on an art tour. I just happened to be a stop. Someone who knows someone who knows someone that knows me asked if they could stop by and see my art. It was very good for the ego. I got lots of positive reaction to my quilts. About a half hour after the bus dropped them off, it returned to take them to the Lubeznik Center for Arts. That was kinda cool.

Is this marijuana
fabric? It sure looks like it to me. I found this in some old fat quarters I was cutting up for a scrap quilt. I think it came from Keepsake Quilting a while back. There was no salvage marking.
Here's the real thing.

We have our third wedding of the summer tonight. It's definitely the summer of love.

1 comment:

Beth in TN said...

I think the fabric is a buckeye leaf. As an old Buckeye native myself, I feel I am qualified to i.d. it :) Note the 5 leaves vs. the 7 on the mary jane.