Saturday, August 15, 2009

What's Goin' On

I am trying to play catchup. All the stuff on my calendar that was to be done in the next two weeks has to be dealt with before I leave for China, in two days. I have had my hands full, but all stuff I love to do so no complaints here. I have to finish a quilt I started on Tuesday for a fundraiser that is happening soon after I return home. That's the plan today, along with the regular last minute shopping for stuff for a trip- electrical adapter, new can of hairspray, current People magazine, ya know.

My darling brother Dan and his wife Dori are visiting with one of their two sons. They have been biking up in northern Michigan and came to visit before heading south for the boys school year. I gotta take a picture of them today. They are going blueberry pickin' this morn; a yearly habit they try to do when they come here. Me? I buy 'em picked.

Oh, and my literature of late. I like to know what I am getting into.

3 comments:

dee said...

wow, you have your hands full right now.
Thanks for the pics of Las Vegas. Bigger than life but really fascinating.

Cindy said...

Hi Tommy

Whereabouts in China are you going? I'll be in Hong Kong from 9th September onwards with a trip to Beijing in October. When I was in HK last Jan-March we made an unexpected trip to Xian. It was so worth it to see the statues. Will you be going there? Let me know if you have any questions on stuff. Are you going with a tour? My husband speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin so that helps. I understand a bit of Mandarin. But if I didn't have my husband with me, I would DEFINITELY being doing a tour!

Cindy said...

OK, just read further on your blog & it said you are going to Shanghai. On Nan King Road in Shanghai, the main drag that is closed to traffic, on the end furthest from the river, across the way from the Le Meridian hotel, there is a food court style shopping area. In the very back of that place is a dumpling stall. They make the BEST dumplings! There is a little guy sitting in a little box around the corner that sells tickets. buy your tickets from him & then get in line. They are really, really good! There is also a coffee shop across the main entrance to the Meredian called Costa Coffee - not bad & they speak enough english :)