Wednesday, September 30, 2009

App-ly Put

Yesterday G emailed me that I spelled weather wrong a couple blogs ago. I informed him that it was supposed to be whether and was a bit of a play on both the words and the changing of the weather so dramatically. You would think after almost 40 years together that he wouldn't need an explanation of what is going on in my brain but I guess longevity isn't always foolproof. Plus, he's a terrible speller and I am quite shocked that he even noticed. I used to have to proof read his letters to his parents when we lived in Germany.
I seems as though everyone out there has an iPhone. I am one of the masses that do. Last night, while having a cocktail, I traded apps with my friend and the bartender. We had tons of fun doing it. We were in a sketchy area for wifi service but anyway, I went away with new stuff which is always fun.

Some of my favorite apps (free) are the mirror (so you can check your teeth after spinach), flashlight (to see in the dark)shazam (put it up to a song playing and it will tell you the name and artist)and both i have to pee and sit or squat will show you the nearest bathroom.

Facebook and Kindle are free and sketchpad which is fun to use. Open table and taxi magic get you a reservation and a taxi without making a call. I play blackjack and Jeopardy on my phone but Jeopardy wasn't free but it's totally worth the cost. Battery status and translator are great too. The bartender was telling us about this barcode app that you can scan a barcode off a product and it will tell you where you can get it and who has it cheaper. I am gonna stop typing now and find that. It could really come in handy.

3 comments:

Cindra said...

okay, now I have always said I don't want web access on my phone because I am addicted enough, but after hearing about these apps.... I am green....

dee said...

Really sounds like fun but I have a closet full of UFOs and no time already. Have fun with yours though.

Nic said...

Try Scrabble on iPhone. It's $5 but for a word nerd like me, it gets a lot of use!