Friday, September 25, 2009

Comcast

Yesterday was a weird day. I can't even remember if I brushed my teeth. The computer had lost any signal the night before and except for a few brief moments in the morning, I had no email access or Internet for the day. And odder yet, the last few emails I sent out, went out not once but a half a dozen times. So, today is a Comcast day. You know the drill; wait until your four hour window, but then they never come until the last second, or worse, in the next four hour window or beyond. You have to hover by the phone because if you don't pick up, they don't come. And far be it that you actually are on the phone and their call goes to voice mail; that's a deal breaker for sure. Then there's the possibility that you get service (like now) for a bit and you call and cancel and relinquish your place in the Comcast line. That is like a higher power saying, 'Are you friggin' nuts? Don't ever pass up a Comcast guy. So anyway, that's how I lost yesterday.

One good thing came out of yesterday tho'. I finally watched the last three episodes of Top Chef Masters. The queue in my saved programs was frightfully full and I had to purge some shows or I couldn't tape the new stuff so I broke my rule of no daytime tv without having guests here and watched while I finished up a couple useless tasks on my 'to do' list. I have always favored Michael Chiarello as one of the best Food Network hosts, but after seeing him in this competitive venue, whoa, not so much any more. He is so into himself and has such an ego that it changed my view of him. By the time the last three chef's vied for Top Chef Master, I no longer wanted him to win. He was against Hubert Keller and Rick Bayless in the end and Rick went home with the crown (not literally) and $100,000 for his favorite charity.

I now have to watch about fifteen episodes of Chopped (again, a food show) that I have taped or delete 'em. I need to see all the new shows to round out my evenings entertainment. So far, I have liked The Good Wife, The Forgotten and Modern Family. I am still the biggest fan of House, DWTS, Biggest Loser, CSI (both), L&O (Special Victims), Grey's, Mad Men, Most HBO Series (oh, and the Tudors on ShowTime) Project Runway, Top Chef, Dinner Impossible, Chopped and I can't think of any others right now, but I am sure there are some. I have never watched Apprentice, Survivor, Extreme anything, Amazing Race (although I often wish I did) and most half hour shows. I mostly can't get into a show that is almost over by the time I turn on the tv. I shouldn't say that tho'; Seinfeld was on for a couple years before I ever watched it. G just reminded me of a way back when (maybe 20 years ago) comedy show my girlfriend Jayne and her husband Rich asked us to join them to see and there we were, in the front row at a local resort type of place, watching Jerry Seinfeld. He never said a swear word in two hours and had us laughing so hard my insides hurt. That was when we started to watch the show. Who knew?

1 comment:

Irene said...

You forgot Brothers & Sisters - it starts again on Sunday.