Thursday, September 03, 2009

One Tomato Two Tomato

China Girl is taking a short hiatus. I had to do something with about a thousand tomatoes that were ripe and ready to use. They had been waiting for me since I arrived at the international terminal on Sunday. I decided to have a few girls over for a 'tomato' dinner. I looked up a recipe that used the most tomatoes and found a pasta that was very fresh sounding. Brie, tomatoes and pasta made up the bulk of the dinner. To that I added some shrimp and bruschetta for an app. Six young women joined me for the meal. I am sorry to say that I didn't take one picture of the feast. And to add insult to injury, the watermelon and red onion salad was the biggest hit of the meal. What do they know about G's farming skills, I ask you?

While we were opening a bottle of chardonnay, pinot grigio , sauvignon blanc and a nice pinot noir, G was on the golf course, sadly, by himself, when he made a hole in one. It didn't count because you have to have two witnesses and we did question him as to the authenticity of said hole in one, but in the end, we took him at his word. And today is his birthday. He is now as old as I am.
We (the girls) decided that a game was in order and so out came the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' game. We had a bit of difficulty playing because we thought the questions were
oddly wrong, that is, until we realized that the correct answer was not the one we thought (that D in the middle). It took us a few minutes of wine haze to realize that the correct answer to the question WAS ON THE BACK. Now we know, and feel a little smarter at having realized it. Directions? Sure, we had them but again, sadly, we didn't bother with them.

I just took my Bella to get her hair done for the big holiday weekend. I get mine done today also, and I am gonna throw in a toe job to complete the makeover. Bill and Claudia should be here by noon and they will be joined for a fun filled weekend with Aunt Mike and Maggie and Evan. Bella will turn three on Saturday and what with her cousins, Bea and Chai joining her, I think that is cause for a celebration. I'm thinkin' Pool Party'?

No comments: