Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's All Over

I left the Barn at 5:40 last night and drove in the rain for three and a half hours and called it a night. It is too hard to drive at night in the rain. I can't believe that I left the barn without asking permission to blog anyone else's work. That will be on my agenda today. And even more odd is that I didn't take a picture of my final piece constructed.

This is what it looked like before I started putting it together. We took all the fabric that we made and decided what to put with what. Lots of the stuff in the last blog wasn't used at all. We didn't know what we were gonna do with the fabric we were making so some of it screamed not to be put in the composition.

These are called ribbon quilts and it's a very fun project and can be done over and over. I thoroughly enjoyed the class. It is the first class you normally take at the Barn but I jumped in several years back and took classes in random order and so I felt like this one was a breeze compared to some. Everyone in the class was a treat and we all had a great time. I would recommend it to anyone. And especially this class; it was very beneficial to many classmates that have a hard time with color, composition, and figure ground placement. It was an epithany to many. It teaches you all of that. This is not to say that you can slide by and not do the work; none of the classes at the Barn are for slackers. It's a great place to start.



1 comment:

Teresa said...

Love this one. And your black and white pieces were awesome! Thanks!