Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Mere Sampling

Check out this website that Beth sent me. http://www.readallday.org/home.html
Can you imagine?

This is a bit of a test. My on the scene reporter at Houston has started to send me classified information via her iPhone. I need to see if these pictures come out okay for printing on the blog.

First up, Green Pear, done by Julie Poirier-Mathur from Quebec. Part of Julie's name - Poirier, means pear tree in French. Her technique for this quilt were two whole cloth acrylic paintings, slashed and rewoven into one piece;then fused on flannel batting and cotton backing and quilted.


Here is JeanAnn, newly arrived in Texas, taking a little much needed rest after the long flight from Chicago. Have a good time you guys. I will go with you next year.

No comments: