Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pole Dancer

I completed my strip piece last night. In honor of the construction process, I have decided to name it 'Pole Dancer'. It measures 44' x 65'. I was at a loss as to how to quilt it so I just went
with the most obvious and did straight lines.

Has anyone done any online 'call for entry' in a show? I did it for the Art Quilt Elements 2010 at the Wayne Art Center in Wayne, PA, and somehow got registered for a show called CraftForms2009. I got a notification that my quilt, 'Skyview' got in and I was just about to put the email in my junk folder and thought twice and actually opened it. I must have pushed the wrong key and now am in a show for six weeks that I have never heard of!!!
Anyway, here it is.

and a close up of it.

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Girl you always crack me up ... Pole Dancer. Absolutely perfect. Thanks for bringing pleasure and a great big laugh to me.

Anonymous said...

Check out Anne Parker's awesome blog, scroll down to Sept.23rd then to Sept.15th.
Your quilt looks like one of hers and she was recently at the Barn as well.

BTW, your quilt is very nice, as usual and the name, well...lol
http://mylife-annerp.blogspot.com/

dee said...

You're so funny.
I really like what you did there and I especially like the feel of the second piece. The colors are yummy as well.