Monday, November 02, 2009

Busy, Busy

So far I have unpacked two out of eighteen boxes. I have unpacked a duffel but I only took the stuff out and set it on the table. What I did do is hang some quilts that I purchased in the last couple years.
This one stands alone. Not only is it one of my favorites, but it's size came in way less than the recommended finished size for the SAQA 12" square auction. It's a good thing too, because my symmetry would not have worked without the happy mistake!!! It reminds me of another quilt I made for a show that was to be no more than 30" wide and mine grew and grew and no longer fit the parameters. We all do it.
My studio bathroom has a very large wall and I didn't know what to do with it until I started collecting the 12 incher's.
I could only get these shots because of the restrictions of my room and my camera.
My grand pal, Carol Soderlund, gave me the idea of hanging small quilts with old sewing machine needles. It would take me the rest of my life to come up with enough to hang these (64) so I chose another route. I went to Walmart and got ten needles for a couple bucks.

This bathroom is perfect for a gallery because it is located close to where all my quilter friends hang and the room is used very little,

especially the shower, so the climate control is perfect.

5 comments:

dee said...

Love how the 12s look-very cool.
That chimney in the last entry is amazing.
Take some time to decompress from your travel and other stuff. The mood will strike you soon enough and then you'll go at it full blast

Cindra said...

Hmmmmmm... the shower as a storage area... how could I have missed that one? Such a great idea...although your storage is much more color co-ordinated than mine.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Is that quilt at the top pam Morris's?

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody

I am ecstatic Tommy featured my quilt today-it looks fabulous.

I love your decorating ideas and her studio is beyond fabulous!!!

pam
sw fl

liz said...

I'm going to start collecting 12 quilts they look great.