Sunday, November 01, 2009

Charming Treasures

My blog is very late today because I have tried to stay out of the studio because I have so much putting away to do and I am just in a lazy mood. The stifling heat and humidity might be part of the reason but whatever, I am not accomplishing much today.I was sitting on the very large couch unit when I noticed a bit of a catastrophe that happened during our long absence from Florida. Somehow one of the lights died on the couch. It looked like it gave up after being too top heavy. We had some renovation going on in the kitchen and the family room so maybe the worker guys did something to it but whatever, it's dead. We have all new cabinets and the job of organizing the stuff in them is daunting right now to me. There is so much to do that I don't want to do anything. So that is just what I did. I picked up a coffee table book of mine and started to page through it. It has been a long time since I have checked out this book.

The book is 'Creating The Not So Big House' by Sarah Susanka. It has lots of great ideas but the ones I like the best are following.
I love this table lamp combo that swings around to the back of the couch and supplies storage (magazine type).
I love this zoomy stair railing made out of copper pipe. It looks great and is very inexpensive.
I love asymmetrical things like this shelf/fireplace. Even tho' it's very dissimilar. it still has balance to me.
Instead of using plain stone or brick for a chimney why not mix it up and give it it's own character. I just love this but probably would have never thought of it.

No comments: