Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Eye's Have It

I will be very curious as to how my eye doctor appointment goes this morning. I had lasix about eight years ago; mono vision - one eye for reading and one for distance. Literally on the plane going to China I realized that I was having difficulty reading and kept borrowing Jayne's glasses. Since then I either wear readers to do anything close or I have a headache. My brother told me they can tweak the eye to make it 20/20 again. When I made the appointment a couple months ago, they called it Refreshing. Hopefully that can be done with a minimum of trips to the doctor. When I had it done initially, the doctor's office was five minutes away; now it's about 20 times that.

The initial procedure takes about thirty seconds of actual surgery (if that's what you want to call it) and ten hours of waiting and appointments. Those lasers are like the stealth bombers; you tell them where to go and you could be doing the Jive (influenced by last nights DWTS) and it would find it's spot.

2 comments:

dee said...

Thinking of you and praying all goes perfectly.

Cindra said...

I know it is a simple process, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies! Especially that drawing with the eyelids hooked open....ugh!