Sunday, November 08, 2009

Oh Baby!


This is the book by Amy Bradley who is the designer for the quilt I showed you yesterday. The wall hanging is the reason I bought the book to begin with but I have never found the energy to tackle it yet. It's a lot of work but then, fusible could be used to make it easier. Amy uses fusible in her quilts but I don't like to because it makes them harder. I applique without adding the fusible so it takes a little more time, mainly so the fabric doesn't shift and have little puckers.

Here is a very cute quilt for a girl, called Doll Babies, and you can find it at Quilt Soup.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Have you tried the fusible thread? I bought some in Houston after I saw it demonstrated in the Superior booth. You don't have all the stiffness of having fusible under the whole applique piece, you just stitch around the outside with the fusible thread then heat set it to your fabric.
http://www.superiorthreads.com/addedhtml/page1/

Mechelle said...

That is a SUPER cute quilt pattern - why not do the "donut" method of fusible? You just trace the pattern onto back of wonder under and when you cut it out - remove the middle - leave about 1/4 inch or so of fusible around edges, fuse to fabric & then blanket sitch on sewing machine - easy peasy and makes a soft quilt!!

Karen said...

Thanks for giving the pattern information. I love Amy Bradley's patterns. Her Dazzling Dogs are sitting in my ufo closet just waiting to be put together!

dee said...

These are so adorable and I like the color choices. I need to make two quilts for my friends grandkids. The parents really don't like traditional colors but I think these color choices are modern looking. Thanks Tommy.