Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pumpkin Roll Cake With Toffee Cream Filling and Caramel Sauce

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

I just completed my dessert that will be joining others for the big Thanksgiving feast. It is my first roll cake and seems to be a chiffon cake if my memory of culinary school serves me right. It's made with cake flour and you separate the eggs and fold in the stiff whites. Here is the recipe .

I made it in a half sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray. After baking the cake 15 minutes you run a knife around the edges before turning it out on a dish cloth (not terry) that is liberally covered with powdered sugar.
You use the towel to roll the cake up until the seam is on the bottom and leave to rest until completely cooled (about an hour).
Then you unroll it and slather it with the toffee cream Filling and roll it back up.
After sprinkling powdered sugar evenly over the cake you douse it with some toffee bits
and refrigerate until it's time to eat. A drizzle of warm caramel sauce finishes it off. Yumm.

No comments: