Thursday, November 05, 2009

Tainted

I found out that I have a cataract on my right eye and that is why my vision is failing. The doctor said it is at level 1 (very young) but still damaging but he said that we should wait until next fall to have it removed and replaced with an artificial lens and repair my vision problem. That way it will be covered by insurance. So, as much as I like to think of myself as a not so middle aged or a senior, the signs are popping up all around me. It just may be time to stop shopping in the Junior department. That is so sad.

Now I will have to wear glasses. I figured because I had mono vision that wearing readers probably isn't good for my distance eye and being the inventive person I claim to be I thought I could work around that by taking out the lens on the distance side of the glasses and only use the closeup side. That's all well and good, except that I somehow confused myself (wow! how did that happen!) and smashed (with a meat mallet) the wrong lens. Fortunately I have two pair,
so this one will go into the trash, and the other one will have the left lens taken out. I did it and tried it on for feel and it was very odd and I felt much better wearing the glasses low on my nose like a granny as I have for the past three months.
And check this out that I just happened to walk by . G is working out but Bella has to be involved in everything, including being there during the seated row. Do ya think she gets enough attention?

4 comments:

Corky said...

Tommy I wear monovision contacts and they can no longer tweak the prescription enough on the close up eye for me. The Dr. suggested I just get some readers and they work fine without removing the lens on the other eye. Give it a try and see if it works for you before you alter all your readers!

Sorry to hear you're going to need surgery. Getting older stinks doesn't it?

Pammyfay said...

When the doctor works his magic, you will be feeling like a teenager again! And until you need to start stocking up on Depends, you aren't old! (one of my mottos: dear god, please take me before i need depends!)

Bella being so close to the weights scares me! Doesn't the clanging scare her?

dee said...

That's what I was wondering. I would think the noise would freak Bella out.
Good luck with the eye issues. I just got my problems straightened out so I feel your pain.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

If you can still fit in the clothing in the junior department you can still wear it!