Friday, November 06, 2009

What Not To Wear

I never realized how politically correct People Magazine is. Out of all the literary outlets I could choose from (Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal) I ultimately choose People for all my worldly information therefore never realized that there was such a controversy out there as to Michelle Obama's wardrobe. They never mention anything that she wears. Had I known, I would have posted many many pictures of tacky clothing that she wears on a daily basis. Hell, this could be the entire basis for a blog, if I felt the need. Come to think of it, I am sure there are Michelle's attire bashing blogs out there as I type. If nothing else, it gives me a giggle to read the comments. I will leave that for someone else to tackle. Lord knows I could turn fifteen shades of red on some of the outfits I wear. Thankfully, I am not the First Lady.

Ahhh, the perfect segue into discussing another attire dilemma. I love my jeans and wanted a little variety so I went back to the store (Calvin Klein Outlet) and found that they have the exact same jeans I have in blue denim but the new ones are in black
but unfortunately, it has this eye popping stitchery on the derriere. Oh yeah, let's call more attention to it than the cellulite does. Then I got to thinking, I am going to Florida and I can dye these to camouflage the stitching. I did just that. Three times. Obviously the stitching has some man made product in it that will not take the fiber reactive dye. Oh well.
My other alternative was to go over all the garish stitching with a permanent magic marker and that is what I spent my evening doing, while watching Grey's and Flashforward. The top pair (one for Fl and one for IN) is not magic markered and the lower pair is. I can definitely live with the jeans now.
What I should have been doing was to start to tackle this washed and ready fabric that will end up being a quilt for my newest nephew, Jack. He is almost a month old and Aunt Tommy has not come through yet!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a big fan of your blog I'm a little distressed by the recent Michelle blasting. And some of the comments on the earlier post were downright ugly. Is that what you want to accomplish with your time and talents? I think you're bigger than that. And hopefully kinder.

Sharon

Tommy said...

As you know, I rarely comment on comments. I really don't care if you don't like what I say. If I offend you, don't read the blog. Believe it or not, I am on my best behavior when I am blogging. I am considerably more mean spirited and unkind in real life. Just ask my friends!!!!

spikemuffin said...

You let "Sharon" off easy, she should stick to Oprah. BTW, People and WSJ in the same sentence?...that hurts!

Anonymous said...

My objection is not so much the criticism of Obama's clothes. It's that I think it runs the risk, in this public forum, of turning into something else.

Sorry to rile you up, Tommy. I didn't mean it.

My name really is Sharon, by the way.

Anonymous said...

I missed the Michelle bashing in your blog. I thought you were using your talk of her to lead up to self-deprecation. But, that's not why I comment here. In my stack of "clothing that might be needed for community drama events", I have a 1950's dress from Talbots that is exactly like one of M. Obama's. I enjoy seeing her wear what fashion watchers call chic that I know is retro.

Cindra said...

I never had an opinion on what Laura Bush wore because nobody tried to suggest she was a fashion icon....in my opinion,for what it is worth, the last 1st president's lady that was a fashion icon was Jackie Kennedy and I don't think Michelle is anywhere close to that. Some are trying to say she is... sorry....I don't think so.....

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks