Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Guest Blogger: Nancy

This is a daunting responsibility to assume the helm of such a popular blogger. Tommy and I have been friends for 25 years and see each other on a random basis in different states. The last time we were together was Las Vegas in August which was way too hot.

I'm from sunny California where it has been raining and snowing (unheard of) in my town of Danville (made famous by Captain Sully, the pilot who landed a jet in the Hudson River), and I'm looking out the window at a beautiful snowscape and Lake Michigan. Life is good!

There are four cakes in the oven which smell heavenly. We shopped till we dropped at the outlets yesterday and today is bowling. I am the world's worst bowler. My five year old grandson beats me regularly. I think he's cheating because he gets the bumper guards and I don't. I even got the worst bowler award on a church league about 30 years ago! Surprising they had such an award, I thought church people were supposed to be nice?

My golfing friends often say, after a bad round of golf, "Maybe I should take up bowling." Well, no matter how bad my golf is, I know my bowling is worse. I have nowhere to go from here. We also visited with Mickey yesterday and tried on her newly designed golf shoes which is more up my alley. I'm ready to sign up to be her West Coast distributor. I retired a year and a half ago and am always looking for new things to do.

I am active with a ladies golf league and spend lots of time with my darling grandson, Calvin. I bought him Callaway golf clubs when he was four and then, of course, I had to get new ones too, since he had better equipment than me. We go to the driving range frequently and he's even played 9 holes with me on a couple of occasions teeing it up through the fairway. That's 3 more holes than Tommy's ideal! I've heard a lot about the 6-hole group and it sounds like a lot of fun. I may have to come back next summer to join the festivities of their annual event.

We've been having a great time of visiting, laughing, eating and planning future events (birthdays, golfing, and a visit to the West Coast). Tommy's off to the DDS and I'm here in charge of the four cakes in the oven, walking Bella and filling in on her blog. Mighty big boots to fill! Internet connection has been unreliable so I'm not sure if this will get to the blogosphere or not but it's been fun. N

6 comments:

dee said...

Hi Nancy,
You did good!
I like your writing style. My inlaws lived in Danville back in the dark ages when dinosaurs roamed the earth. My Late FIL was an executive for Sperry Gyroscope. Sadly, I was never able to visit them in the years they were there.
You must be very special to be left with 4 cakes and Bella to watch. Sounds like delicious fun.

spikemuffin said...

You left out the Chardonnay!

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

It worked. Good for you.
I'd like to challenge you to a game of bowling.
I NEVER beat anyone at any sports activity!

Calvin's Mom said...

Nance is blogging? OMG. What's next? Texting. Watch out!!!

Anonymous said...

you forgot the pictures =(

maggie z. said...

HI NANCY~ I'M JEALOUS I'M NOT THERE WITH YOU TWO!! HAVE A BALL, AND HOPE TO SEE YOU IN FLA. THIS YEAR..