Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Mere Milestone

Once again it's time to drag out the wedding photo. So many of my pictures are no longer on my computer due to the virus I got last spring when I changed to the Mac and I can't tell you how much time I spend looking for various pics. Yesterday I had to give up the ghost and not finish my blog because it took too much time and life got in the way. After all, I had to get ready for the bowling banquet culminating my recent experience at the bowling alley. It was all I envisioned and more. Anyway, check out this naive couple.
Naive in one respect. Actually paying a photographer to take this picture for posterity with what looks like a fake wreath behind our heads and what we all want in our posed wedding picture = a light switch. Could they find a more fussy place for a backdrop? Aren't we supposed to be the focus? Could they not crop back then? Questions, questions.

It is our 37th wedding anniversary today. We are going to Graham Elliot's for dinner and the kids are joining us. I am looking forward to that very much.

I made my wedding dress and together with the veil it cost $52 and I thought that was a lot. I spent the summer before the wedding crocheting the 18 yards of lace I sewed on the ruffles. I may be lying about the amount but for some reason that number has clung to my brain so I am going with it. What I like most about this picture is that G and I are in it and we still are.

10 comments:

Corky said...

Congratulations on 37 years! You two are so cute in the wedding photo.

Cousin Bea said...

Congratulations Aunt Tommy and Uncle G, you're still a very cute couple. I'm hoping this merits a few good treats over the holidays. Looking forward to the holiday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You were and still are adorable! Now go to your separate corners and think about the next 37 years of bliss!
pjn

dee said...

Happy Anniversary you two. Many, many more. Such a cute picture

spikemuffin said...

Nice! Your last sentence says it all. Tell your man I still have my Edwardian Double Breasted too.

Cindra said...

Have a wonderful anniversary!

ellie parkerson said...

Tommy and Gordon,
37 years! Wow! Darling picture.Enjoy the days ahead...ellie

Nic said...

Congrats! I love the picture! What a hottie you were and G was/is basically a stud.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I about the list inform should have more info then it has.