Thursday, December 03, 2009

What's Goin' On

This weekend, while I was baking with my sister, we found out that several bags of white chocolate chips would not melt. Being the lazy thing that I am, I would not have done anything but my bullheaded sister immediately got on the computer and voiced a complaint that six of the bags we were using were not working as per package instructions. She was looking for some free stuff, I'm thinking. The expiration date was the end of this year and after all, we were still in November at the time. This is the response she got (notice that she used my name and not hers). Oh, and the mister thing? It happens all the time.

Dear Mr. Fitzsimmons,

Thank you for contacting NestlĂ©® Toll House® Morsels.

From what you are describing it sounds as though your chocolate has seized. For more information on how to correct and prevent seizing, please visit our website at the following link:

Click here for melting tips

We are also responding via regular mail with a full value coupon and additional melting tips that you should expect to receive in 7-10 business days.

We appreciate the opportunity to explain this to you and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.

Sincerely,

Mike Knight
Consumer Response Representative

Ref: N17154307

------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased 6 bags of Premier White Morsels. 4 had the above mentioned manufacturers code and 2 had 8269543611 2C. All stated Best By Dec 2009. The chips in all 6 bags would not melt. Since they were purchased a while ago, I do not have the receipts to return them. Please let me know what can be done about this. Thank you.

I am looking for the coupon but I don't think they have my address.

I was just in the grocery store and when checking out the clerk said, 'Is your husband a senior?' And I hadn't a clue why she asked me that but said I was older than he was and why? It happens to be senior day and guess who made the cut by exactly seven months? You got it. Moi. Is that good or bad? I can't decide.

I have lost my housekeeper. It's been over a month and I am a bit overwhelmed by it all. I didn't even know where the vacuum was kept. Another appalling fact is the amount of laundry the two of us throw down the shoot each week. If you see me and you notice that I have the same clothes on, day after day, there's a good reason for it. Oh, and G now has to eat over the sink to save on my cleaning. It's not a good time of year for me to be on my own. And there is nothing I hate worse than to unload the dishwasher. It's a whole new learning curve.

2 comments:

dee said...

I can be bought for a price....

Hell, that's what I do around here day after day. Coming to work for you would be a vacation+ I'd get to see Bella in person...(((grin)))

Anonymous said...

Can I send D to help? It would get him out of my hair and help you out as wekll!
Pjn