Thursday, January 28, 2010

Some Stuff I Have Made This Week

The Fennel Gratin was an amazing hit. Very simple but packs a delicious punch.

The wilted butter lettuce salad with fresh peas and buerre blanc dressing was one of the best salads I have ever eaten. It's from the Tyler Florence 'Dinner at My Place'.
Two chickens graced the rotisserie and I didn't get a picture until after we were tearing them apart.
Another Tyler recipe is the cast iron skillet Bourbon Peach Cobbler. Yum, especially with a nice vanilla bean ice cream.
I had the first Book Club get together at my house. The book was 'The Help' by Kathleen Stockett. It was a nice group and we discussed the book, following the discussion questions from Ms. Stockett's website. A major item that had significance in the book was a chocolate pie, so I felt the need to serve some. Although some of the club members were tentative about tasting the pie, they soon got over that and had a couple of slices (and if you read the book, you know why!!!) Our next book is, 'Loving Frank' by Nancy Horan. It's about the love story of Frank Lloyd Wright and Mamah Cheney.

7 comments:

dee said...

That peach cobbler looks so good. Well..it all looks so good. Now I'm hungry....sigh...and I have a cold. It's feed a cold right?

Anonymous said...

Our book club is copying your selection for next month and I'll pass along the chocolate pie tip.

Anonymous said...

新的一天 祝你有所成長~~ ....................................................

patty a. said...

The chicken and the chocolate pie are making me drool! I love both of these, but have never been able to make mine look any thing even close to yours. I need to come to the Tommy Cooking School and gets some pointers!

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Instantly Search High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Applications and Download Them at Flying Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Crawling Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Rapidly Find HD Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Software and Download Them at Maxed Out Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup Search[/B][/URL]