Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This Could Be You!!! Oh, Yeah, And ME!!!!

Okay, Idol crap. What's with the buttons and bows on the girls? There were either massive bows or headbands or textured tights with too much makeup and jewelry or in the case of Crystal, too much equipment. The last girl, I think it was Katie, whoa, little red headband with a bow, massive silver earrings, under the boobs belt with a rose and a bow and then a short short dress with other stuff that I can't even remember. I know she's young but do you have to wear everything that teens do in the same night? I was crazy with the bad taste last night..

Now a little personal info. It my sister Mike's birthday so don't forget to wish her a very Happy Birthday. She's gonna kill me. And another thing;

Karen was in town on a shopping trip.
She began her day finding the most perfect shoes in the first shop and a beautiful dress on sale in the second. In the third, everything had just been reduced by 50 percent when her mobile phone rang.

It was a doctor notifying her that her husband had just been in a terrible car accident and was in critical condition and in the ICU. Karen told the doctor to inform her husband where she was and that she'd be there as soon as possible. As she hung up she realized she was leaving what was shaping up to be her best day ever in the boutiques. She decided to get in a couple of more shops before heading to the hospital, thinking she wouldn't get to see him right away anyway.

Karen ended up shopping the rest of the morning, finishing her trip with a cup of coffee and a beautiful chocolate cake slice, compliments of the last shop. She was jubilant.

Then she remembered her husband.

Feeling guilty, she dashed to the hospital.
She saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about her husband's condition.

The doctor glared at her and shouted, 'You went ahead and finished your shopping trip, didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the past four hours enjoying yourself in town, your husband has been languishing in the Intensive Care Unit! It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will more than likely be the last shopping trip you ever take! For the rest of his life he will require round-the-clock care. And he will now be your career!' The woman was feeling so guilty, she broke down and sobbed.

The lady doctor then chuckled and said, 'I'm just pulling your leg. He's dead. Show me what you bought.'

11 comments:

dee said...

Happy Birthday Mike.

When I was at the store yesterday a woman in the line in front of me told that same joke! Very small world.
Did you find a home for the chocolate? I thought of Pantry and shelter donations too. The kids love that they get a treat. They don't get much in the way of treats.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mike! They are coming faster and faster now.
Pjn

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Happy Birthday Mike!
It's my sister's birthday today too so you too are birthday twins!

Deb said...

I just gotta say, as a wife of a great, amazing guy, who 13 years ago received a phone call early one morning much like the one you described in your "joke", I didn't find this the least but funny~ I honestly thought I was reading a true story. My heart was breaking for this friend of yours, Karen. Perhaps this is a joke to some, but it hit a little too close to home for me. Perhaps to others, as well....Just think for a second if this was YOU that received this phone call. How funny would this be, then? Heaven Forbid.

Gayle from MI said...

Happy Birthday Mike!

Loved the joke. I wound up sending it to all my friends in an e-mail.

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Mike......
I will try to eat a piece of cake today...and sing quietly to myself!

Linda
xxx

Corky said...

Happy Birthday Mike. Today is my brother's birthday as well.

Love the joke Tommy.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mike!!!

Oh Tommy...love love love your sense of humor...you made my day with that joke!!!

Barbara

Robbie said...

Bad, bad...geezzzz you got me on that story!

Anonymous said...

...just landed in Tampa and raining as usual. Happy Birthday Mike! We celebrated with a little Pinot Noir at Innisbrook. Still raining!

spikemuffin said...

...just landed in Tampa. Raining as usual. Happy Birthday Mike! Celebrating with a little Pinot Noir at Innisbrook.