Friday, March 05, 2010

Goin' Green

You guys were pretty funny yesterday. Unfortunately, yes, those are my hands (yesterday's blog). I have a few arthritic issues but being down in Florida with all the other old bags, this pair of mine isn't the worst I've seen. These is always someone mangled far worse.

I have decided to have a St. Patties dinner buffet. I just finished up these invites
and they will go in the mail today. I am going back and forth as to whether I should have a strict Irish fare (corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes, carrots and onions with crusty bread and some kind of figgie pudding or some such) or whether I should be avantgarde and go with green food. I got the idea from the current issue of the Food Network Magazine and they had a page of snacks, all green. Beer battered broccoli spears, corned beef with grainy mustard wrapped in savoy cabbage, grilled irish cheese with parsley, scallions and chives mixed in the butter on the outside that's grilled so it looks green and pesto dipped fried ravioli. There have to be dozens of options for green foods. What do you think?

9 comments:

Claudia said...

I would do a little bit of both. Most of your guests will probably be expecting the usual Irish fare, but you could throw in a few of the "eco green" as a novelty. That is just my opinion.

Susan Turney said...

I always look forward to the "once a year" corned beef and cabbage but my mouth is watering over the green foods! YUM! They could probably get the traditional foods anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Go with the green food and let your imagination run wild.
I think it will give you much more room to be creative (which is so YOU)!!!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Typical Irish fare for the dinner....during drink "hour" has some "green food" as 'teasers!

xxx

dee said...

I could skip the cabbage but it's not St. Paddies without the corned beef.

Irene said...

Go avantegarde all the way - never give 'em what they are expecting!

Anonymous said...

Go Green! I remember a million years ago when you had an "egg" themed easter time party. It was so fun to figure out the "egg" in each dish.

maggie z. said...

BASIC~ DO YOU HEAR ME??? please , everything is always over the top on a daily basis.. hahaha..

Anonymous said...

Go for the green. The magazine's suggestions sound delicious.
Robinww