Monday, March 22, 2010

Wonderful Work

I just hung up with Micky and we discussed her up coming visit. I can't wait to see her. It's been a long time since I have seen anyone from my 'other life'. Even Regina who lives in Florida has a seasonal job and a new BFF so we aren't seeing each other like before. We do have plans to touch base next month. And my Maggie (college one) bought a house on the other coast so she is busy. I also can't wait to see the kids in a few weeks when they visit. Okay, let's go back to the show.
There is no agenda when I take pictures at a show. I like to go off on my own and check out the show because I don't want to be influenced by any other person's opinion. I just like what I like. This is a traditional show for the most part so I view it purely as a art show. This applique is very eye catching. I love anything that is done on black and mostly think it must be done by someone young because it's a hard thing to do with old eyes.
I found this whimsical and fun. It's a little piece.
I don't have to look at the paperwork on this to tell it is my great pal Pam's work. She is appreciated by many more than me by the looks of the ribbons!!! I am immediately drawn to her work. After all, she hangs in my studio bathroom!!!! And to me, that's an honor!! I don't even have work there.
This caught my eye. It's something that I would love to do but when I do attempt something like this it feels kinda posed; like it was planned and therefore not natural. I love the spacing of the black lines. Maybe I need to not think about it so much and just go for it.
I was happy to see that this was fused because the work is so intricate that I thought it was impossible to do using normal applique techniques. It is a gorgeous piece.
This is another work by Pam. She has an eye for spacial placement and the colors in this piece rock. Click on it and see the great quilting that Pam does.
I love traditional quilts and this flower basket makes me want to cuddle up and take a nap!!!
This is an autograph quilt and although I didn't read a thing on it, I thought it was very thoughtful with the coloring. If you guys wanna make one for me (the big SIX O is coming)
I will not complain!!!!
This Twelve Days of Christmas was very well done. I am guessing it was a pattern because of it's detail but once again, I didn't read about it. I am bad; so bad.

I'll wrap it up today with this basket woven piece. Click on all these works to see the detail in each one of them and all the work that went into them. Kudos to quilters!!!!!

1 comment:

Miracles said...

I wish I had taken pictures of some of my amateur quilts. Looking back...they were pretty good even if I didn't know what I was doing.