Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Doings

I picked Didi's demise on Idol last night. My favorite at this minute is the guy from Chicago. I think his name is Lee and it has nothing to do with the fact that he's from my neck of the woods. I think he's got a great voice and beautiful eyes.

My college roommate Maggie Z is coming for a visit today. She wants to attend the same church she spent last Easter service in and that would be ours. Good timing too, because she can lend me a hand at setting up for the PotLuck I am hosting tonight for some of the dog park parents. It should be fun for all.

Let's get back to the Venice Quilt Show. I never did finish up with that and if I get too far behind I will never catch up.
These homemade jelly rolls were in the guild store. They used deli containers and they were
a very big hit. Also for sale were these darling
cupcake pin cushions. I don't know that I have ever seen them before. They almost looked good enough to eat.
Here are a few more quilts that caught my attention. I loved the color scheme on this group of buildings.
I have seen just such a place in many of my travels. I would have left the border off if it were mine.
I love the balance of this piece and the detail to the little chicken scratch sewing done on it.
It just makes a good piece great. I wish I had the patience for it.
The girls I went to the show with just went crazy when they saw this quilt.
I believe that this was best of show. It's been awhile so I am not positive. Regardless, it was lovely.
Although I should have acknowledged all the quilters and will try to do just that in the future, I wanted to share the details of this next quilt so you may have to click on it to be able to read it. I know I have to. It is all bias strips.
It was done in three sections and I gotta tell you, I couldn't stop looking at it. The work that went into it is astounding.
I can't recall if it got a big ribbon but it did from me. These little 'flowers' look like they are kind of like origami or something similar. I applaud all the wonderful work at the show.

No comments: