Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Kid/Purse/Dog

Maggie and Evan joined us yesterday for a long weekend we have had on the calendar for months. It looks like the weather will be perfect for their visit. I know fishing will be on the agenda but other than that, I haven't a clue as to what they will want to do. I am hiding out in the studio until they rise for the day.

Here is my new purse. Nice segue, right?

I have never been a Vera Bradley fan and have literally evaded any section of any store that sold the line. Until lately, that is. I was killing time while shopping (I am usually much faster at making purchase decisions that some of my compatriots) and fumbled into a Vera cubby. If this most precious purse was not front and center, I would not have noticed it due to the plethora of patterns and colors all jumbled in a little corner of the store. But I did see it and it was love at first sight. It was mine in a matter of seconds and I even got the matching change/credit card/ phone little tote. It is sturdy (the bottom is very firm) and the handles are probably plastic but look like turquoise patent leather (is there such a thing?), It was very cost friendly and will serve me well for the summer. And speaking of great segues;

MY DOG

My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.
She has her food prepared for her.
She can eat whenever she wants, 24/7/365.
Her meals are provided at no cost to her.
She visits the Dr. once a year for her checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise. For this she pays nothing, and nothing is required of her. She lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than she needs, but she is not required to do any upkeep.
If she make a mess, someone else cleans it up.
She has her choice of luxurious places to sleep.
She receives these accommodations absolutely free.
She is living like royalty, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever. All of her costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.

I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head, Holy Smokes, my dog is a Democrat!

12 comments:

Beth in TN said...

Like you, I haven't been all that interested in Vera stuff, thinking hey, they're quilted bags--I can make those myself! BUT--check out the online outlet!!! The prices are TERRIFIC and I decided that although I *could* make similar bags, I *won't* make any as cute and attractive anytime soon.

Linda Humphrey said...

I *know* my Pug is a Democrat, that is just how they come, entitled.
Vera Bradley can be quite overwhelming, but like you I found a bag once and it has become a favorite over the years.

Susan Turney said...

Hmmm....since we seem to be "painting with such a broad stroke" I'd say your dog may be a Republican's wife!!!

dee said...

I'm going to head down to the village where they sell Vera B. and hope they have one of those. You won't mind if I get the same thing as you will you?? I need something exactly that color for an outfit I just got. It's a top in the same aqua linen. Mow if I could find some sandals...nah..that's to much to ask

SandyQuilts said...

My gawd girl you've done it this time ... democrat dog.

My sweetie cat knows better .... she's a Republican through and through or else. LOL

Thanks for the laugh ... I needed it today ... tax day.

Sure hope DH doesn't get arrested down at the Tea Party.

Anonymous said...

Susan Turney had the right idea. She had me laughing hard.

So you are saying Republicans have carved out more than their share of the pie and are the only ones employed?

But seriously, the first thought I had was that your dog lives better than millions upon millions of children worldwide.

eva slipper said...

thank you for your post

Cindra said...

I laughed and decided Democrat or not... I wouldn't mind being your dog!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, You do so many nice things but at the heart of it you are not a very nice person.

Anonymous said...

I'm A Democrat and I work my butt off at a job I hate so I can pay my bills. I wish I could be your dog or a republican wife so I could be so entitled and do what I want, not what I have to.

Anonymous said...

Since my husband can't get health insurance due to high blood pressure and therefore has to pay through the nose everytime he goes to the doctor, I don't quite get your "joke."
Sharon

Dedalde's said...

Love your comments about dogs. I always said that I want to come back as a dog that lives at my house. .
Vera I am with you, however, that one is a cutie. And yes it looks like it should belong to you.
Miss you Wow you have some very harsh anonymous comments about you our dogs being Democrat. Someone hit a nerve!!!
DeeDitleD