Friday, April 30, 2010

New Piece

Photo Temporarily Removed
Here is my new piece completely sewn together and cleaned up on the back. By that I mean that I slit all the worms and took out the freezer paper. I am as pleased as punch that it is done and turned out EXACTLY as my brain had it looking. It was a joy to do. Now I have to figure how I can quilt it with my leg raised above the level of my heart. That's a picture that I will not show. My brain can't go there!!! I don't have a name for this piece yet. I was thinking wormy something but Diane said that it looked somewhat like an ant farm so that gives me another idea. Doesn't Dave Matthew's have an ant's dancing song?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks like an Unruly (or zany)Labyrinth! It's a little like your personality-so organized yet with a big zany and artistic quantity thrown in!

Your old school chum,]

debbie davis jones

Susan Turney said...

I love it! When you started I thought "what the ...."! It's beautiful and the colors are fab. My first thought was paths..abandoned or chosen.

Ursula said...

I love it ! How large is it?

Anonymous said...

Aaah, wow! BUT what happened to the stitches I saw on the larger 'wiggle'?
It seemed that you were machine stitching it on and my heart sank in my boots. I thought, surely you wouldn't do that, after all that work with the first 'wiggles'. Now there are no stitching lines to see and I am very happy.

What a lot of work just to bring an idea out of your brain and onto fabric!!!

Melody Johnson said...

I am thrilled to see this. And of course I have plants on the brain so it looks to me like stems or grasses.
Or kelp.

spikemuffin said...

Yogi...When you come to the fork in the road, take it.

Anonymous said...

spikemuffin!!!!
I am wagging my index finger at you.....LOL......that was funny as heck...lol..