Tuesday, April 06, 2010

This and That


This wonderful belt/necklace was gifted to me by my current guest, Maggie. It is made out of recycled watch parts. Click on it so you can see it up close. I just love it!!!
Check out this snake that was in the back yard. Maggie noticed it and was quite excited (and not necessarily in a good way) and actually took a big piece of mulch and
hit it right in it's middle. Here it is sulking away to the water. I don't like snakes and neither does she.
Are you tired of the tulips yet? I think they get better looking each day. This was yesterday.
Not so much today. They just won't give up the ghost.

Maggie and Millie are doing lunch and the beach.
I have book club in an hour. I just finished the book, 'Let the Great World Spin' and liked it a lot more that I thought I would considering others who started to read it and weren't liking it. Most of it I loved but there were a few characters that were not developed as well as I would have liked. But then, what do I know?

3 comments:

dee said...

Glad your Easter way a good one. Thanks for the book tip. I reviewed a few books on my blog today. Check it out if you get a chance.
The necklace is beautiful A while back I saw some jewelry made from computer bits. My favorite were the pieces made from broken dishes. They had a gorgeous necklace made from a piece of Dutch blue ware.
Have fun with the girls!

Anonymous said...

May I "borrow" your belt?...(and never give it back :-) )

I just finished the book, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. I did not like it particularly...oh well.

xxx

Margie said...

I thought we were getting to see some jewlery that you made.:)