Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bag Ladies

I received this Edible Arrangement just in time for the birthday celebration. I was perfect for snacking on and the next morning the remainder was cut up for
fruit salad that went perfectly with out Ziplock Omelets. It was a first time for most of the girls and they were pretty giddy at the thought of making them. Regina is an old hand at these morning delectables because she serves them up lots of time when she has more than a couple guests.
The fixin's are whatever you want to put into an omelet. I had green peppers, tomatoes, olives, green onions, and bacon.
Into the ziplock go the eggs (two or three or whatever) and whatever each guest chooses.
The person's name is written on the bag and it is sealed up nice and tight after you do some manual mixing with your fingers outside the bag.
Into a pot of boiling water go the bags and nine minutes (or just check for doneness; the more bags in the pot, the longer it takes) later you have an omelet.
I don't know how it happens but the omelet even comes out in the right shape. Like the bra, it's a miracle!!!!!

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

I laughed out loud at the end! I don't get it either and can't wait to try them. You come up with or find the BEST ideas for entertaining!!!

Millie said...

Wow...I'm going to try that tomorrow. Thanks for the idea. I miss you!

Linda and Piwacket said...

I've never heard of this before and think it's an awesome idea. I think I may have to have a girlfriends' quilt and brunch event just so I can serve them!