Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Leaky

I have been waking up in the morning with my eyes kinda glued together and for the first few minutes I can't see very well. It is getting to where it is changing my first up morning schedule. I haven't thought too much about it and assumed that it was a symptom of having cataracts but I noticed that I actually had some crusty white stuff on my cheek and decided to Google it.

This is what I first came up with.
Cataracts don't typically cause any change in the appearance of your eye. Pain, redness, itching, irritation, aching in your eye or a discharge from your eye aren't signs or symptoms of a cataract, but may be signs and symptoms of other eye disorders.

After reading further, I have narrowed it down to another symptom of rheumatoid arthritis. Is there anyone out there who has this symptom? I have put off going to yet another type of doctor for this ailment because I am quite sure that my next step is injections and I don't think I am ready for that. It so sucks getting old!!

3 comments:

carol s said...

Hi Tommy,
This is also a symptom of plain ol' pink eye. Easily stopped with antibiotic drops, but the sooner the better or it can spread through your household.

Gayle from MI said...

It's also caused by allergies which can strike at any time. I get this mostly in spring but also in the fall and it seems to be getting worse as I age. Getting old is not for sissy's!!!!

Nola G said...

Hi Tommy
This has happened to me when I used a new brand of moisturiser too close to my eyes and overnight, perhaps rubbing my eyes in my sleep, I would wake up with crusty, blury eyes for a while. Used anything new in your eye area lately?