Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Weekend

I'm not used to such an active lifestyle and something had to go on the back burner and I chose the blog. I may even do it tomorrow but right now the house is quiet and I am sitting down.

The latest event of the weekend (besides steak and chicken fijitas with all the trimmings and strawberry shortcake) was going to see Sex In The City 2. The movie got bad reviews and us girls decided that we didn't care; it's all about the outfits. We were all pleasantly surprised that the movie WAS entertaining and funny. I had tears in my eyes from laughing on more than one occasion. In fact, the movie was better than the clothes. The outfits were, for the most part, way over the top, even more so than the crazy bird hat that Carrie was gonna wear to her wedding in the last movie. It was good for a laugh and I would suggest you go to see it, if for no other reason than to see that even movie stars age, with or without their favorite surgeon's help.

I took a picture of the fennel gratin that we had as a side with our raspberry bbq chicken on Friday. My recipe for the last time I made it stayed in Florida so I found one on line that was similar, only I added some delicious apple slices in this one. It was very good.
My darling daughter was going for a walk with her hubby and I asked her if she had on sunscreen and she said, yep, spf 45 just fifteen minutes ago. She had left the sunscreen in the powder room. I was looking at it and realized that it had an expiration date. This was new to me. It was four years old. All I could think of was her perfectly lovely porcelain skin getting burned because of me. I went through the house, with my sister's help and had at least 15 expired sunscreens. In fact the only ones I had that were still under the date were expiring this summer. Obviously there has to be some active ingredient because I haven't had a burn for twenty years but still, I am going to stop purchasing it in mega amounts and thoroughly check out the expiration, just as I do with our milk.

Enjoy your holiday. We are having a very good weekend and we have more fun planned to come. After all, it's only half over!!!!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks so much for the info on expiration dates on Sunscreen! Super for the beginning of summer! I'm going to go through my stash and check all of mine, who knew!

dee said...

Hope you're having a great weekend.
The lobster rolls were great. I ate yours...burp.
Steak Fajitas..mmmm