Sunday, May 02, 2010

The Outhouse

I get very excited when I have a new addition to my art quilt bathroom. I have now started swapping 12" quilts with some of my friends. I give them one and I get one in return.
I can't tell you how inspirational they are to me and my friends. Sometimes there is a major
pile up in the john; like a gallery with a toilet.
I got this glamorous addition last weekend from Pam when we swapped. I couldn't wait to add it to my collection.
I received this wonderful work in the mail from Peggy and it immediately went up too. It depicts the landscape and if you click on it you will see some lovely embellishment.
I added my own rather peculiar shaped piece to work around the light switch that was placed smack in the middle of the wall. It will be mirrored with another work yet to be done on the other side of the switch.

As I have pointed out before, I am using sewing machine needles to secure my little quilts to the wall. I get the ten pack from Walmart for cheap. I also use my old microtex needles when they get old. Hey, it's recycling, right?

Just as I have photos and cut outs of inspirational ideas all over the studio, the bathroom is now the focal point of creativity. It inspires me.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a great idea! I might have to borrow this one from you... I was just saying that we need spruce up our hall bath.