Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rocks In My Head

My Words With Friends iPhone App went on the fritz yesterday. I was playing a game and I only played two letters when I saw that the seven spaces for letters filled up. I was getting replacement tiles every time I used one. I could have put in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious had there been room. I had to reboot and cancel the app and then reorder. In the mean time I went out for my first social event since I got home that wasn't at my house. When I got up this morning all was fixed and my games were exactly as I had them before the debacle. Ya gotta love the iPhone!!!!

Today I am going to someplace to make meatballs with Micky for some fund raiser. I guess I was too busy gabbing to get all the details but anyway, it's something to do!! I believe golf is involved and so I opted for the drinks cart job due to the cast and all but I was told to get in line. It's the cherry job and an old broad with a star wars cast had to get in the back of the bus. I was put in my place.
Photo Temporarily Removed
The hand applique on my newest piece is complete. It was definitely a labor of love. Bella spent many hours on my propped up legs and so she is taking some credit for keeping me grounded (literally).
Here's a detail of the applique and here is it again with
Photo Temporarily Removed
the hundreds of pins in the piece ready for the quilting. I am in a quandary as to how to quilt it, seeing that I don't do free motion. If I did, the only way I would do it would be to do the connected rock shape inside of each rock. I will have to stare at this for a long while to figure out what to do. I am now going to the studio to stare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was certainly A LOT OF STITCHING! A whole lot.