Thursday, June 10, 2010

BlackHawks NOT Down

It's as though I had a major hand in the BlackHawks winning THE STANLEY CUP!! Here's why. I was at a Wine A Bit mini fundraiser for breast cancer last night and I just had to leave because there was a tv on and the game was on and I left before anyone else. The game made me nervous. Micky and I came back to the studio and poured ourselves a itty bitty glass of wine and watched the game real time and G was in the next room watching it from his taped version and so he was behind. He only likes me to tell him the advanced score (we have done this before) if they are winning. So I told him when the Hawks were in the lead and then was quiet (or relatively so) when the Phillies caught up. Then it was overtime and Micky and I got into our little chatting mode and all of a sudden the Hawks won. The gist of the story is that I am a fair weather fan and really have no business watching. Once I wasn't paying attention, they won. Get it?

Plus, the star of the team sports the last name of Kane. It just so happens to be my maiden name. Coincidence? I think not.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have house guests from KC visiting who are avid Hawks/Cubs fans so they were all glued to the TV downstairs and I was reading in bed upstairs because I really cannot follow the speed of it all and just happened to turn on the TV upstairs when the winning shot was taken! So I share in their success as well. It sure will be cool if the Blackhawks happen to make an appearance at the Cubs/Sox game tomorrow!!

Pjn

Susan Turney said...

Lol!!!

Donna said...

I thought it was only me that brought luck to my teams. Every time I walk away my team either scores or wins!

maggie z. said...

it was a great game.. but i'd rather have been there with you and mickey!

Anonymous said...

So we have you to thank! Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

....an "itty bitty"??? I think not.
xxx

Randy Handbag said...

Congrats to the Blackhawks! Enjoy your party in the Windy City! I am a huge Pens fan but I will take the high road and congratulate the Flyers on a great season. C You at the game opener in our new area!